Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Daddy Issues

Uh-oh -- Sky's pregnant! Is the father Dylan, JP or Stingray?

I haven't seen tonight's episode of Neighbours yet, but I'll be watching it during the day tomorrow. For some reason, Sky has only been talking about Dylan or JP being the possible father of the child she discovered earlier this week she was carrying.

Lou and Mishka (so far the only others to know about her pregnancy) have been very supportive (so was JP over the phone, apparently -- oh, so I guess he knows as well), but when Sky tried to tell Dylan, he took off before she had a chance to say anything. He's still very cut with her and doesn't want to speak to her. If he's really feeling that betrayed, why is he still happily living next door to her?

There has been no mention of Scott 'Stingray' Timmins and his possible claim at fatherhood to Sky's fetus. I'm not sure if this is because Sky felt embarrassed to tell Lou and Mishka that the father was one of three possible fathers (rather than the considerably less 'shameful' one of two possible fathers), or if the 'several weeks' of pregnancy that the female doctor* told Sky she had already experienced is meant to indicate that Stingray couldn't be the father (but didn't Sky sleep with Stingray just a day or two after she slept with JP, once Dylan knocked her back?).

Either way, I'm sure this will be covered eventually (perhaps it was actually covered in tonight's episode), and then the real surprise will be felt. Because I'm tipping that it's Stingray's kid. How else can we inject more drama into the situation? Stingray is currently happy in love with Rachel, Dylan and Stingray are getting along well, and I'm predict that Dylan will eventually listen to Sky, and whether he is initially supportive of her or not, he will probably come good and be the nice guy ... only to have it revealed that his little brother is the father!

I know it's not such a stretch to come up with that storyline in your head yourself, so maybe I'll turn out to be wrong. But it seems to me to be the perfect opportunity to throw the dramatic spanner in the works for three different relationships (and counting).

The next question is will she keep the child? I don't see her bringing the child to term and keeping it, no. She'll either abort the fetus, lose it at some point through the pregnancy, or maybe have the child and give it up for adoption. Actually, Stephanie McIntosh (the actress who plays Sky) is leaving the show to work on her music career**, so maybe this is her swan song plot device. Will she die in childbirth? Will she and the baby simply die in some freak accident while the father (whoever he is) or her boyfriend at the time (not necessarily the same person) either watches helplessly or is at fault? More gripping drama potential there, boys and girls.

I should be a scriptwriter / storyboarder for the show. Email me if you want me, Grundy. I can start immediately.


* Someone call a private investigator! There's a doctor in Erinsborough that isn't Dr Karl Kennedy!

** No, really.



-----


CONNOR UPDATE:

Since his disappearance, there have been three or four references to Connor, mostly by Toadie saying he was surprised not to have heard from him yet, but "I suppose he's having too good a time" or something similar. When asked if Toadie had used his initiative and called Connor yet, his reply basically implied that the onus was on Connor to contact him first -- which amounts to another fine way of excusing the highly suspicious silence from his best mate.

I presume the references to Connor's trip will disappear altogether before too long (if they haven't already stopped for good), unless the writers plan to surprise us (and prove my earlier post wrong) by having Connor's ute and/or remains discovered as part of the Robert/Cameron plot finally coming to light. Maybe Carmella will return earlier than expected, or perhaps she'll just contact Toadie, worried about Connor, and mention that she told Connor about the comatose Robinson twin hidden away at St Luke's the day Connor supposedly went on his trip.

Credits-wise (as of Tuesday, 14th June -- over a week since we last saw Patrick Harvey on the show), his smiling dial is still featured in the opening credits, although his name was removed from the closing credits as of Friday, 9th June.

I'll keep you updated on further Connor references or sightings and new opening credit sequences as they come to light, by adding them as a "Connor Update" at the base of any Neighbours posts I write. Consider it a service from me to you.


.

4 Comments:

At Saturday, June 17, 2006 3:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think everything you've said here on this new blog is great, BEVIS.

In fact, I think this new blog is just fantastic.

More to the point, you're an ace individual yourself, and not enough people say lovely things about you.

You're intelligent and have a bright future ahead of you.

Somewhere.

 
At Saturday, June 17, 2006 3:14:00 AM, Blogger BEVIS said...

Thanks for that, I'm Not BEVIS Pretending To Be Someone Else. That was very kind of you to say. :)

I'm going to go and cry myself to sleep now.






(Not really. I'm fine. Just mucking around, I swear.)

 
At Monday, June 26, 2006 10:32:00 PM, Blogger Melba said...

oh, there there

[pats bevis on head]

i've just found this place properly and intend to be very generous with comments.

it might take a little while though to catch up.

if you turned word verif off it would be faster!

 
At Tuesday, June 27, 2006 12:49:00 AM, Blogger BEVIS said...

Thank you, MG. Both for the pats on my head to calm me down, and for the promise of more comments to come!

(Removing word verification would only slow things down considerably at this end, though!)

I hope you enjoy this place, now that you've found it properly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home