Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Do You Hear That Ticking?


Yep, there are less than 24 hours left before the Australian season 5 premiere of 24.

I love it.

The show is, quite simply, brilliant. Not necessarily original in every single plot development they take us on, but addictive and adrenaline-pumping all the way. I know that Northern American viewers are ages ahead of us (I believe this season started late last year or early this year for them), but it looks like we're set to catch up quickly.

Tonight we see two episodes, and tomorrow night we see another two. Then next Wednesday we see the fifth episode, and next Thursday the sixth. If that pace continues, it'll be a series that we see in its entirity in only ten weeks. How rockin' would that be!

I'm not suggesting that that will be how quickly we speed through the entire season, but it's a nice dream. Once you're into a heart-stopping show like 24, a week's wait between episodes can drive you mad.

Please, US readers (and others who've seen season 5 already), ... no spoilers here, thank you.

So what are the details? Channel Seven, 9:30pm tonight, the two-hour season premiere, continuing 9:30pm tomorrow night. If you've never seen it, give it a go. Even if you haven't seen seasons 1 to 4, you'll enjoy picking it up at the beginning of the season (if the previous four are anything to go by). Miss tonight's double episode, and it just won't be as easy for you to get into it. (And you owe it to yourself to give it a try.)

If you're already a 24 convert, you'll be well-aware of tonight's exciting viewing.

I don't think I'll be posting regular reviews about the show here, because it's not the kind of show you can do that with, but it's one of my all-time favourites, so I couldn't let the long-awaited moment pass by without saying something.

The clock's ticking!


8 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 21, 2006 4:21:00 PM, Blogger magical_m said...

Was that Sean Astin I saw billed on the ads for 24?

If so, you can bet I'll be tuning in.

My favourite Goonie and my favourite Lost Boy... what more could a child of the 80s ask for?

 
At Wednesday, June 21, 2006 4:34:00 PM, Blogger BEVIS said...

Sure was. He's new this season.

See? This show has something for everyone!

 
At Wednesday, June 21, 2006 9:30:00 PM, Blogger Spankk said...

All they need now is Betty White from the Golden Girls and I'm in there for sure!

 
At Thursday, June 22, 2006 4:14:00 AM, Blogger BEVIS said...

Spankk, can't help you there, but she is a recurring guest star in Boston Legal (same channel, but 10:30pm on Mondays). Glad I could help.

 
At Sunday, June 25, 2006 2:15:00 AM, Blogger AtriaBooks said...

You wont be disappointed--Season 5 is right up there with Seasons 1-4.

Enjoy!

 
At Sunday, June 25, 2006 2:49:00 AM, Blogger BEVIS said...

Thanks, Doc. It's such a great show, isn't it?!

Very addictive and highly exciting (even if one was to complain that it's too predictable -- which I don't but I know some who do).

Thanks for not spoiling. (Love your blog, by the way!)

 
At Monday, June 26, 2006 11:23:00 AM, Blogger Charlii Fandango said...

"Jack is back!"

Granted I spent much of the first 4 hours in sublime shock!

But my favourite good guy with a gun is back for me to enjoy, so now I am a happy chappy!!

 
At Monday, June 26, 2006 1:48:00 PM, Blogger BEVIS said...

So did I, Charlii Fandango (spend the first four hours in shock, I mean). What an opening!

Wifey is still distressed at what took place in those first few minutes. We both are.

I won't be specific about it, but boy -- that was a real kick in the guts to loyal fans! :)

It's great to have the show back on our screens again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home