Monday, June 19, 2006

Get OUT, Stupid-Head!

I'm so happy. If there was one person throughout this season of Big Brother who's really been annoying me to the gills on an almost-daily basis, it's been two people. One of them is Krystal (if you count the amount of Daily Show appearances she makes where she's applying make-up and compare them to the number of Daily Show appearances she makes where she isn't, you'll be flummoxed by what it tells you), and the other, of course, is Katie.




I don't want to start comparing her to 2003 BB winner Reggie, because at least Reggie was entertaining and not at all bitchy with her stupidity. But both Krystal and Katie consider themselves more intelligent than they are, and re-tell other people's conversations incorrectly when recounting them to third parties later (always in a way that makes the other person look either cruel, mean, stupid or arrogant), which is a disgraceful way to stab someone in the back.

Their continual misrepresentation of the facts when talking about other Housemates is something that drove me nigh-on-insane with anger. Her security issues with Jamie was something else that piqued my immense frustration with her. And her inability to see how disinclusive she and Jamie were being (and why it's valid that the lovebirds would be resented for this) was just the icing on the cake.

I will admit to feeling very much as though it was going to be David's turn to go this week, but was delighted when he was sent back into the House from the newly renamed 'Exit Room' (previously the Revenge Room). I was absolutely stoked that the irritating twosome was going to be split up, and because good guy Jamie (and yes, I really do think he's a great guy) is a million times more enjoyable to watch on a daily basis without sending my blood pressure through the roof, the result we saw play out was my top preference.

Again we find ourselves facing the ever-diminshing female contingent of Housemates. Naturally enough (but kind of surprisingly), there are three more Intruders going in to the House on Wednesday. Two girls and a guy. Presumably one will be evicted again before the week is up? I'm not sure. Looks like we have a couple more double evictions ahead of us, though. Maybe even a triple eviction. But it's no surprise at all that two of these Intruders are also girls. The ratio is dropping far too rapidly (even though I've been 'all for' the eviction of a couple of the girls so far, such as Katie and Karen). It's going to be interesting to see if these new Intruders, if they are evicted in a relatively short time, will win the larger amount of prizes the more recent evictees have been winning. Car? Holiday? Scooter? If they only stay in there two weeks, you've got to wonder if that's far, considering what Elise, Tilli and Karen won for their two and three week stints.

I'm really glad David is still in the House. His little show of brotherly support in saving Ashely with his three point twist was a noble gesture that seemed to work its magic with the voting public. (Or people were just way too sick of Katie regardless.) Now I'm going to be very interested to see if Ashley nominates David again for the rest of his stay in the House. And will David continue to hold a passive-agressive dominance over the House? I hope so. Don't worry, Ms Fits; I still love David as well. I'm also a fan of Camilla and John, though.

And that leaves us with the 'problem' of what to expect from Jamie now that Katie is gone. Let's be fair; the two of them have really fallen for each other and I'm sure it's 100% genuine. I wish them all the best on the outside (better you than me, though, mate -- her insecurities would drive me nuts!). He will naturally feel upset and angry that she's gone, so I'm going to be generous and allow him two days to mope around about it and mourn his loss. By Wednesday, however, I expect him to be back on his hap-hap-happy feet and having fun again. Before the new Intruders come in.

If he bounces back earlier than that, fantastic. If he's still being a Negative Nancy on Wednesday, though ... I shall be very annoyed. I look forward to seeing him behaving as himself so I can determine whether or not I like Jamie the man, rather than having to assess my view of him as Jamie the one-half-of-Jamie-and-Katie.

Let's hope he's not two-dimensional without Katie. I'm looking for a male Housemate to be evicted next, and although I think it'd be really weak and sooky of Jamie to elect to 'walk' from the game in protest over Katie's eviction or something, if he doesn't prove himself to be an interesting guy when he's not doting over his girl, I'll be quite happy to see him gone next week.

You're on notice, Jamie.


.

6 Comments:

At Monday, June 19, 2006 7:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the habitual checking and adjusting of his hair coupled with his love of wearing his pants around his arse are most irritating! he is one vain creature that jamie.

for the love of god man, pull up your pants!

 
At Monday, June 19, 2006 10:21:00 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

Hmmm. I'm glad Katie went too, although in general I think it sucks how often girls get voted out. I'm not the biggest fan of David, but how good would it be to see Team Fag Hag as the final three?

 
At Monday, June 19, 2006 4:17:00 PM, Blogger Spankk said...

Susanne - I think it'd be pretty crap actually

 
At Wednesday, June 21, 2006 4:04:00 PM, Blogger BEVIS said...

Anonymous, haha, that made me laugh. Yes, it's pretty ridiculous. And he even told Katie that he knew that's how he'd be coming across to the outside world! And as Katie said, 'So stop doing it.' It's not as if it makes any difference whatsoever! It looks exactly the same before and after he starts 'fixing' his hair! I think he has OCD. And the pants thing - he puts on his pants, and then purposely pulls them down to just underneath his butt. What the ?? What's so special about his buttcheeks that require them to have an "extra airing"? If I was in that house, 'fashion' be damned, I'd be complaining about having to see his arse and underwear all the time. What a tosser. He's also become a mega-bitch to rival Rob in the past two weeks, and I don't like that at all. (It should be noted that in most other respects, especially the way he continually handled Katie's crazy untrusting nature and her various other foibles, I admire him 100%.)

Susanne, I know what you mean. David, Rob and Camilla. I reckon David and Camilla are amongst the top runners of People Who Will Probably Will The Show This Year (TM). I'm not basing that on any official or unofficial polling results; I choose not to be influenced by such things, so I wouldn't know what they say. Rob's probably going to be evicted this week, though (although personally I'd prefer it if Jamie went, due to the childish way he's been acting these past two weeks -- and because he's been even more bitchy than Rob!). As for your point about the girls always being evicted, I absolutely agree. I tried to say as much in the post, so I hope that came across clearly. The girls didn't always deserve to be evicted each time they were, but Katie and a couple of others were the obvious exceptions. I wish Krystal would go, too, but that wouldn't leave very many chicks at all. And that's precisely why BB is sending in two (initially planned to be three) new female Intruders tonight.

Spankk, play nice. I actually think it would be pretty funny -- I mean, who would they bitch about then??!

 
At Wednesday, June 21, 2006 11:31:00 PM, Blogger richardwatts said...

I reckon Rob and Jamie are going this week...

 
At Thursday, June 22, 2006 4:17:00 AM, Blogger BEVIS said...

Richard Watts, I'm pretty sure it's one 'regular' Housemate and one 'new' Intruder who are being evicted this Sunday. (If it wasn't, though, I'd agree with you -- Camilla's definitely the safest of the nominated three.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home