Sunday, July 30, 2006

Maximum Gayness

I must say, tonight's Big Brother viewing was by far the most amusing and otherwise enjoyable footage they've screened all year. The Daily Show footage of them setting up the dominoes and letting them go was brilliant, and Max's great sense of humour and funness was a delight to watch.

The creepy four-person date with Big Brother himself was filled with amusing antics, not the least of which was when Max asked Big Brother if he could do one of those sexy growls, which Big Brother then proceeded to do in his usual static tone. The growl itself was hilarious enough, but Max's reaction to it was pure brilliance.

The whole mothers-and-best-friend invasion with the Housemates gradually finding the food, the treasured items, and even David's short-sheeted bed was another excellently crafted section of the show, and it was amazing to me that a team of writers/producers who are apparently capable of creating such fun TV to watch have been churning out such comparative crap for most of the year.

Max's antics when he taste-testing -- twice -- the food simmering on the stove was also hilarious. In fact, pretty much every moment of the hour-long Daily Show was a delight to watch.

And now I must join the bandwagon: Why was the legendary Max not put in the House from the very beginning??! I'd like to think he would have survived a long time in that House and been a popular favourite personality. He would have been deserving to win the show (as it was, he was probably the most deserving of all Intruders/Replacement Housemates ever to win it, so I think it would have been very nice in one way if he had -- although it would have seemed grossly unfair to the other three if they'd all lost to him), and we could have enjoyed more of his infectious spirit and enjoyable sense of humour all along. His laugh alone would have had us tuning in each night to see what he was saying or doing next.

I thought Max was ace. I would have loved for him to go in earlier so we could have seen more of him. Boo to Big Brother for not holding off on Max until next year, when he could have had a good chance at taking out the title.




I'm glad he got $10,000 as his fourth-place prize. I think that's a suitable kick to the face for Chris.

As for David, I was personally a little disappointed that he wasn't the runner-up to Camilla for BB06. But once David's name was read out, I 'knew' who was going to win, and I 'knew' I wouldn't be happy about it. (I wouldn't be upset about it, exactly, but I knew Jamie was bound to win.) The whole David/Sherif embrace to the tune of that off-tune barbershop quartet singing "Summer Rain" didn't bother me like it did others (the moment meant a lot to David and Sherif, and that was the main thing - it also made him very emotional, and that's what they were after), and I thought it was great that his relationship outside the House had 'waited' for him. He seemed very happy with everything, and good on David for showing so much bravery in BB06.

I would have liked you to get second place, Davey, but if wishes were horses ... (and perhaps if I'd bothered to vote ...)




The whole thing was set up quite nicely for a big finale, but would Ashley and John be in attendance? My guess was no, because Network Ten couldn't be seen to 'forgive' the two guys for the behaviour that had them thrown out of the House. It would only bring further trouble for the network and the companies that produce the show, so I knew there was no way we'd be seeing the Troublesome Twosome.

But with only one night to go, who'd emerge victorious? And would the finale be worth our while? Find out in tomorrow's post!




.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home