Tuesday, July 11, 2006

"No One's Irreplaceable"

That's what my high school musical director used to say to us every year (in a pledge to combat inflated egos and misbehaviour at rehearsals). It never worked, but it's a line I've always remembered.

And it seems Big Brother agrees.

Meet John & Ashley's replacements:



Max (left) and Chris


And just in case you thought that perhaps BB would have put completely new characters into the House at this late stage to at least make it interesting, here's a brief description of the boys:

Max (NSW), 20, Cafe manager. Big Brother says: "Likeable and energetic, Max is a 'real lad'."

Chris (NSW), 22, Singer/Waiter. BB says: "Chris is independent and has a lovable arrogance."

So it looks like the guys really are interchangeable with the two they're replacing. I think one of them might even be into cars (in an unhealthy way, just like Ashley*), but at this stage I'm not sure if it's the guy who's checking his own pulse in the photo. He must certainly be the life of the party if he has to check to see if he's dead!

All this will happen tonight at 7:30pm, so make sure you're watching!! (Or find out all about it tomorrow in the Daily Show -- either way, they'll be sure to cover it ad nauseum.)

Neither of these new guys are free from nomination next Monday, so it doesn't take a genius to know that after Darren is evicted this week (sorry, dude, but it's a given), then these guys will be voted out over the next two weeks. They don't have a chance. I don't think anything they do will endear themselves to the public more than the five remaining original Housemates (even Claire and Krystal). I'd almost ask what the point is of putting in two more Housemates if they're not even going to be given a sporting chance (despite Gretel's ridiculous and completely unsupported claims that "they could very much win it"), except that it's not hard to work it out for yourself.

It sends a message to any other future Housemates (if a future for the show even exists) that "no one's irreplaceable"; it enables the show to last the extra two weeks it was intended to last (therefore keeping the sponsors and Network Ten programmers happy); it means they can continue to dive in and swim around in all the mountains of money they receive when silly teenage girls go crazy trying to vote the new guys out; and most importantly it means that my own Big Blogger can continue at the same pace I initially set out for it to run. Thank you, Big Brother! (They must also be fans.)


Off topic: You may have noticed that I'm up extremely early today. I'm not sure why this is; I just couldn't sleep. I wonder if my job interview on Friday afternoon might be playing on my mind already? ...



* Although who am I to talk? Note my own many unhealthy obsessions!


.

7 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 11, 2006 5:02:00 PM, Blogger Ukulele said...

Please note the similar hair style of John (Michael) and Chris.

Or is that Chris (Michael)?!?

 
At Tuesday, July 11, 2006 7:02:00 PM, Blogger Enny said...

Krystal's gonna be shattered at being evicted with an intruder...!

 
At Tuesday, July 11, 2006 10:21:00 PM, Blogger richardwatts said...

I think I hate Max already, judged on tonight's performance.

 
At Wednesday, July 12, 2006 10:30:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I reckon a can of tomatoes have more impact

 
At Wednesday, July 12, 2006 11:18:00 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Is Enny saying that it will be a double eviction on Sunday? I don't think Krystal is going anywhere for a while, I assume teenage girls like her.

 
At Thursday, July 13, 2006 6:34:00 PM, Blogger Enny said...

I think Darren's the next to go - I thought there was going to be a double the week after? I'd say Krystal would be the next 'original' if we can't be rid of both intruders at once.

Centrebet odds (from BehindBigBrother.com) show odds as follows:

Next Evictee:
Darren - $1.05
Krystal - $8.00
Camilla - $34.00
David - $34.00

Winner:
David - $2.50
Camilla - $2.75
Jamie - $5.00
Claire - $6.00
Krystal - $15.00
Darren - $101.00

 
At Friday, July 21, 2006 4:35:00 PM, Blogger BEVIS said...

Ukulele, welcome! And yes, definitely noted. I think we should call all the Housemates "[their name] (Michael)". Just to avoid confusion. :)

Enny, I thought (by that statement) that you were saying it was a double eviction last week! But no. Maybe Krystal will be evicted alongside an 'intruder' (although that's not what they are) this Sunday, but I suspect the 'original' Housemates are safe. Chris and Max will probably go. Although Claire could be on thin ice.

RichardWatts, I can't remember what he did on his first night in there, but his plea for eggs was pretty pathetic.

Greg, welcome! Very funny comment! I don't know who you are, but I like your style. That comment made me laugh out loud. You're always welcome back!

Adam, yeah, I wasn't sure on that, either. I think perhaps Enny had just smoked too much wacky tobacky or something. :) As for too many teenage girls liking Krystal, that's my main fear for this country at the moment! (Okay, not really, but ...) The idea that a whole generation of girls is seeing this "I-got-plastic-surgery-at-nineteen-heeheehee" girl who is SO DAMN CONCERNED about her appearance EVERY SINGLE SECOND and even CRIES about how fat and ugly she is (David was right about it perpetuating eating disorders amongst young girls watching who are decidedly NOT FAT), and putting make-up on EVERY FRIGGIN' SECOND ... well, as you may be able to tell, it just aggravates the pants off me. That's right - PANTS!

(Hehe ... 'pants' ...)

Enny, I'd love for your theory of Krystal being the next original Housemate to be evicted to come true, but I suspect too many people are annoyed that supposed "do-nothing" Claire has come so far without them being able to evict her. So maybe we'll see her go before Krystal. Or maybe they're going to evict three at once mid-next week, just to startle everyone and keep them on their toes?

Thanks for the odds from Centrebet! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home