Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Surprise! We Hate You!

Ta-da!

Big Brother surprised the Housemates tonight with a mid-week eviction. Now why did none of the dunderheads who work on the show at "Dreamworld on the Gold Coast" think that perhaps the screaming crowd might just alert the Housemates to what was going on? Do none of these people have a brain cell between them?

If they can't bribe or threaten the crowd to be silent, then they shouldn't have the House and the eviction stage / makeshift outdoor 'studio' so close together. I've never been there to see exactly how far apart the two really are, so it may very well be that placing the two complexes further apart is literally impossible. But as every Housemate so far this season (and all the others) has mentioned how the cheers of the eviction crowds can be heard from the House, why did they do nothing about this? Some of us were hoping to see some genuine surprise on the faces of the cooped-up victims Housemates when Big Brother announced the news of the eviction, and although it seemed to be real surprise we were witnessing, we found out later that they'd already worked out what was going on.

In fact, the moment they crossed to the House (before Big Brother had yet spoken), the first thing we heard was Jamie hypothesising that they were "going to do something different tonight", meaning that they knew something was up. It'd therefore be a logical jump to assuming (or even just guessing) that there was about to be an eviction. So that's all very deflating, in terms of the whole thing actually being a surprise.

And the result wasn't much of a surprise, either.




Chris did himself no favours at all when he argued with Camilla in such nasty tones and using such harsh terms the other night. I'm not sure what made him think he was justified in doing so (he was still unapologetic and adament that he was right over 24 hours later, as we saw on tonight's Daily Show as the two of them snuggled in bed), but maybe it was a last-ditched effort to have people keep him in the House for the drama of it all. Unlikely, though. If that's what he thought would work, he's an idiot. He knew Camilla was odds-on favourite to win, so he could have picked a smarter battle if that's what he was after. It looks like he's just plain dumb.

And it looks like he realises now (if he didn't before) just how ridiculous it was to pick a fight with Camilla (of all people), and especially to call her names the way he did. Coupled together with his 'fat chicks with confidence' line, he seems to be quite the social idiot. It's rather a shame that he's probably not going to learn any better, because now that he's a *cough-cough* celebrity, everything he says and does is going to be validated by the hordes of adoring morons who'll be following him around, telling him how great he is.

I'd much prefer that he fade into obscurity nice and quickly, perhaps having a crash course on manners and respecting others along the way, and learning one or two 'life lessons' in that regard before anyone lavished too much praise on him.

And I wish Gretel had asked Camilla if Chris' kissing technique was really "all that". Her inevitable response ('Um, I guess it was okay...") would have been wonderful!!

So fair enough. He's out. It's nothing to get upset about and I'm sure Max (and probably Jamie, although the results of the votes could surprise us, I guess) who'll go on Sunday. My tip is that it'll be David and Camilla who'll remain in the House to the very end, and Camilla's the one who'll be crowned the winner.

I'm more looking forward to seeing what goes down this Friday night on Friday Night Live. The games should be fun to watch, and seeing how much of their lost money they win back will be quite interesting.

I'll be on a plane to Sydney at the time, but will set the tape to record before we leave the house, so we can watch it on Monday when we return to Melbourne.

And then Monday night will be the big one. The finale. The end of the line. It'll free up some space on this blog for other topics I've been wanting to discuss.

In fact, within the next few weeks, most of the shows I review here will finish for the 2006 season. Lost, 24, Big Brother ... it'll be nice to be left only with Neighbours and some of the other shows that appear in the header, above, which I also want to discuss at some point (but haven't had the time recently). And to finish the Big Blogger thing, of course. I hope you'll all stay with me on that one.

Speaking of which, I'm gonna try to post Week 4 of Big Blogger at some point tomorrow, Thursday. In a worst case scenario, it may not be posted until Friday. Just so you know.

Getting back to the topic of this post, however ... Chris is out of the House, and two will go this Sunday. Friday night will see the remaining four Housemates vying for some of their lost winnings being returned to them, and tomorrow Channel Seven apparently has a Big Brother exclusive about some scandal or other. It might be worth tuning in for, and it might not. Don't say I don't give you people the choice. :)


.

3 Comments:

At Thursday, July 27, 2006 12:21:00 PM, Blogger MissE said...

Yeah ... I think Jamie might do that dopey beefcake thing and win. The voters do seem to like the dopey beefcake at this end of the season.

I'm still hopng Camilla takes it out, because I've come to hate David, I don't think Max deserves it, and Jamie's an idiot. It's a pretty close contest for least deserving all round though.

 
At Thursday, July 27, 2006 2:31:00 PM, Blogger BEVIS said...

Sesame the Cat, welcome! I'm surprised to see there are still some David-haters out there. However, I can certainly understand it, based on his tantrums and so on, ... but Camilla's done the same thing, so they're almost equals in my book. Then again, David wasn't turkey-slapped, so that's probably what puts her in front as far as I see it. That being said, I was surprised last night (after publishing this post) to see on Wikipedia that David is in fact the favourite to win the series now. I'm sure it was Camilla not so long ago (but are these things ever 100% accurate anyway?), but yes ... I'm beginning to doubt my own prediction and now tend to agree that the voters will keep Jamie in there. He was the first to get a fine, but it looks like he may be the one to take out the prize after all. Who knows what the 12-year-old voters will decide?? Max winning would be funny on one level, but kind of a let-down for the faithful viewers on another. I don't think it'd happen. He and Chris got through last week's double eviction because no one cared enough to vote for them either way. Chris was evicted yesterday because I think people realised their apathy helped the new guys stay in the House. Now, even if Max were to survive the double eviction this Sunday, people actually have to actively vote FOR him, for him to win. So he couldn't win on apathy alone. But I guess he could win on a joke-vote, so again: "Who knows?"

Dxxxx, as I said above, I'm a little surprised at the anti-David camp (as opposed to the anti-Camp David, har har). I didn't realise you felt that strongly about him. Can I ask what it is you don't like? I won't judge or argue; I'm just curious to know. We're all friends here. :) For the record, I feel the same as you do, but swap Jamie and David's names around. I felt that Jamie's disregard for the rules earlier on and his flagrant rudeness in regards to the fines and what they were doing to the eventual winner's grand total showed a massive lack of respect, and although I admired him for putting up with Katie and her crazy jealous ways (and for how well and gentlemenly he treated her, despite all available evidence to the contrary and her pathetic praise-seeking attempts to guilt him into things), his and Katie's reactions to being nominated that one week were so bad that I've been off him ever since. (I suppose it's exactly the same as anyone turning on Dave for being condescending when it was really just that the 'four walls' started getting to him, ... or even Camilla when she began to be a real bitch to people the other week, I guess ... so there you go.)

CLaRue, hehe, 'dopey beefcake' ... I like that! :) You're right, too. Even Reggie, who may not fit the 'beefcake' description, certainly qualifies as 'dopey'! (She is - without a doubt - the dumbest Housemate the show's ever had, with Christie from BB05 and Krystal from BB06 within spitting distance.) I don't hate David, but I also hope Camilla wins. Max would feel terrible for winning (I honestly believe that), and Jamie's a big sook. Either David or Camilla winning would make happy, but I'd say Camilla 'deserves' it more, insofar as anyone can deserve prize money for having a holiday, etc. No matter what, all four of them in there now are going to come out with massive prizes anyway, so it's all good, really.

 
At Thursday, July 27, 2006 9:15:00 PM, Blogger Mars said...

I hated this joker. And i quote..
"I hate fat chicks who are too confident"

DAMN THE MAN!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home