Monday, August 07, 2006

TV Show Left At The Altar

I've been thinking of starting up my on reality TV show. It'd feature Yasmin Dale, home alone, curled up on her couch in her fleece pyjamas, watching Love Actually, eating strawberry ripple ice cream straight from the container and crying into the sleeve of her pyjama top. I plan to call it Yasmin Ain't Gettin' Any.



Yasmin Dale: Loser in (and out of) love.


Heehee. As a famous bunny rabbit once asked, "Ain't I a stinker?"

This article has an interesting closing. Network Ten, who was originally planning to pay for the whole wedding as per the agreement betwen Yasmin and the network, has stated outright that whenever she eventually does get married, they will follow through on their commitment to 'foot the bill'.

I wonder if they'll honour this agreement if she gets married in forty years' time. And will they restrict the cost to a certain dollar amount? Surely if the wedding had gone to air as planned, they would have spared no expense to make it look top-notch. Will the same be true of a wedding only the invited guests get to see?

And will David Mott get an invite? (Perhaps he'll get to toast the bride, if he's paying for everything!)

I want to make it clear that I have absolutely no interest in this show, but I am exceptionally amused that it did so poorly that Network Ten axed it after only four days. My apologies to all you TV industry types out there who only cringe at the notion, even if you had nothing whatsoever to do with this failed venture. Perhaps it's a sign at long last that people are getting sick of too much crappy reality TV?

I'd drink to that.


.

4 Comments:

At Monday, September 04, 2006 1:32:00 PM, Blogger Melba said...

she'll be fine, this one. she's a feisty minx who will get her own way, and find a man on her own. mark my words. nw or similar will run an article, within a year.

i liked her. she had a bit of spunk. i sometime's wonder what rene was like?

 
At Monday, September 04, 2006 7:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! I don't watch the show either? What is the name of the show again? See I'm telling you I don't watch it. And who is she? Don't look familiar at all.

 
At Wednesday, September 06, 2006 2:56:00 AM, Blogger BEVIS said...

MelbourneGirl, I agree with you. I actually think she was kinda cute, and four nights of TV coverage (plus weeks and weeks of promos before that) is much more than anyone else gets in this life, so I'm sure she'll be fine. And let's not forget that they filmed the thing at least a fewdays in advance, meaning that she'd clearly gone on quite a handful of dates by the time the plug was pulled. That means she's had a pretty good run and hopefully her confidence has been boosted (if she needed it) ... assuming the cancellation of the show didn't shoot her confidence to hell! (And Rene was too good. Apparently they had to get Yasmin in at the very last second because Rene only went and found herself true love before the show got started, didn't she!)

Tin450, welcome! You have a veru interesting blog! (?) I forget the show already; I don't think it was important. :)

 
At Wednesday, September 06, 2006 2:57:00 AM, Blogger BEVIS said...

veru = very

 

Post a Comment

<< Home