Thursday, August 24, 2006

Why So Much 'CrapTV' (TM) ?

  • David Tench Tonight
  • The Wedge (especially The Wedge!)
  • Comedy Inc: The Late Shift
  • Quizmania
  • The Uplate Games Show
  • Midnight Zoo
  • Australian 'Celebrity' Survivor
  • Yasmin's Getting Married (deceased)

Need I go on?

I must say, however, that I didn't mind the first episode of Real Stories at all! Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age, but most of the gags amused me greatly. The idea that a legitimate reporter (Jennifer Adams) is hosting the thing and making deadpan statements like "Recruiting; annoying when it's al-Qaeda or the gays, but vital when it comes to paperboys" and "Touching young boys all across Australia; what a lovely man" just made it all-the-more hilarious.




I hope Hamish & Andy have better luck with this show than with their previous foray into television (by which I mean: I hope Real Stories lasts longer than six episodes).

I enjoyed the show a lot more than I thought I would - and I'm looking forward to next week.

Everything else on the above list can follow Yasmin's Getting Married's lead and sod right off, though. Especially The Wedge!


.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 06, 2006 7:58:00 AM, Blogger Javatari said...

I agree that The Wedge is total crap. Real stories is a bit hit and miss, but overall pretty funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home