Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Brush With TV Fame # 2

I was having a lovely lunch with two women from work the other day (I don't tell my workmates about my bloglife - they wouldn't understand, what with my blogging during office hours and everything), when who should I spy across the open courtyard eating with what I assume was his wife?

Dave Sullivan.




That's right, veteran and iconic Australian TV actor, Paul Cronin. I had to behave myself lest I embarrass my work colleagues (one of whom I report to and the other of whom reports to me), so I didn't call out his name or ask for his autograph or take a photo of him with my phone or steal his wallet.




Which is not to say the thought didn't cross my mind.

He looks a bit haggard and weathered now. Not at all as fresh-faced and fancy-free as he appears in the above photos.

At first, the women I was with didn't know who I was talking about, but when he passed our table on his way out, they agreed it was definitely him, and complimented me on my vast knowledge of all things TV.

If they only knew!



PS - Happy birthday to Javatari.


.

7 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 04, 2007 11:43:00 AM, Blogger Spankk said...

Of course, Paul Cronin is more recently known as the regular Friday night and fill-in host of 3AW's night time program with Bruce and Phil as well as controversially promoting a scheme which ripped off a lot of old people to sell their homes to a company who went bust where lots of people lost their houses. He promoted this with Dawn Fraser - silly woman.

 
At Wednesday, April 04, 2007 11:45:00 AM, Blogger BEVIS said...

Indeed!!

 
At Wednesday, April 04, 2007 4:28:00 PM, Blogger magical_m said...

It must be Sullivans spotting season - Maggie Dence (who played Rose) was in at my workplace last week buying tickets for Keating the Musical.

She looks just as lovely as she did back in the day... very grey, but just as lovely.

I had to resist the urge to tell her how I used to sneak downstairs and hide behind the sofa to watch the Sullivans each week.

 
At Wednesday, April 04, 2007 10:47:00 PM, Blogger thanh7580 said...

Is he also the guy on the garden ad. The one where the guy is always naked and some bush is hiding his parts. Chris and Marie's garden world or something?

 
At Thursday, April 05, 2007 7:44:00 AM, Blogger Javatari said...

Thanks for the b'day shoutout!

 
At Sunday, April 08, 2007 7:34:00 PM, Blogger meva said...

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!

I just had dinner with Kim Gyngell!

Well, almost! He was two tables away.

 
At Tuesday, April 10, 2007 10:07:00 AM, Blogger BEVIS said...

Magical_M, you should have told her. (But who am I to say that? I didn’t once go over to Cronin’s table and pester him into signing an autograph or posing for a photo on my phone. Oh, the shame!)

Thanh7580, haha, no. That’s nursery magnate Chris Lucas. I don’t think they’re very similar, but your description made me laugh! :)

Javatari, no problem.

Meva, you were closer to him than I was to Cronin. And he’s a more recent ‘star’, you could possibly argue. So well done!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home