Sunday, May 20, 2007

A Change Is Coming ...


Have any of you seen those new Network Ten teaser promos that simply say "A change is coming"? The image shown is what appears (to me) to possibly be a black letterbox (as in for your mail, not the format on your TV screen), with white numbers ticking over from 621 to 630 like a tacometer in the gap where the mail would go, which then fade to orange. Then, amidst the dramatic clash or chord, we hear the Network Ten female voiceover artist say, "A change is coming" in the sexiest tone she can muster.

Now, I may very well be wrong about this, but I wanted to register my prediction that this is a reference to the upcoming change to the Neighbours look and feel. Apparently sometime in September (which possibly means these teaser ads will be around for a long time yet - or again it may mean that I'm terribly wrong about all this), we're going to be treated to a new version of the Neighbours theme song and opening credit sequence.

I reckon these images might be a taste of what's to come:


(My apologies for the poor quality of these images.)



Time will tell whether or not my guess is accurate. If not, fair enough. But if so, I hope you'll all agree that I'm just ace. It certainly looks like a letterbox to me, and the '630' would of course refer to the time the show goes to air in Australia. I'd say it's a fairly safe bet to believe that's what these ads are on about.

Either that, or Network Ten has thought of a novel new way to announce when Gretel Killeen will be going through menopause.


.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 05, 2007 9:50:00 AM, Blogger BEVIS said...

Update: As of last night, these teaser ads stepped up a notch. Instead of '630', the scrolling bar in the middle of what still appears to be a letterbox says:

"JULY 23"

Now, apart from this being the wrong way to write a date in this country (we're not Americans, you tools), the date in question is a Monday - which supports my theory that the 'change' being referred to is a new opening credit sequence for Neighbours.

I still hold that the image we're seeing is a black residential letterbox, even though the numbers and letters that 'clock over' in the space where the letters would go resemble a tacometer on a car's dashboard.

So much for the supposed September roll-out of the new-look opening credit sequence and theme song! It looks like they've fast-forwarded the process by a couple of months.

... IF I'm right.

(And I usually am.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home