Monday, June 25, 2007

Where's The Fire, Ya Giant Flirt?


I certainly wasn't surprised when fireman Andrew and wannabe ladies man Thomas were evicted last night - they were the obvious choice for a romance-hungry crowd that wants Billy to stay in the House for Aleisha's benefit, and loves Joel so much that they want to have his babies (I hear there's a waiting list being drawn up by Harry M Miller, which will have Joel busy for a good few years to come).

I've said everything I want to say about the "boys only" nomination fiasco here, so I'll just glide over that issue straight away and look at the results of the night:

Andrew and Thomas. Neither irked me (although I cringed quite a bit at - or should that be for? - Thomas misreading the girls around him and getting too excited about Susannah for his own good), but at the same time, I certainly wasn't crazy about either of them. I found their departures to be neither sad nor a relief. They were just 'blah'.


Handy Andy was Alpha Boring.


I'm sure Andrew would have been happy to see Hayley again (I have no doubt that they're crazy about each other), but I don't believe that he was REALLY as blasé about being evicted as he kept making out that he was. That was false disinterest so he didn't look or feel humiliated by what he probably expected would be his final week in the House (and he was right).

As far as him ruling the roost, it's true that he did - but then, pretty much SOMEONE'S gotta do it. That's human nature.


Oh no, that's right ... THAT'S Human Nature.


Thomas, meanwhile, was having a high-ol' time (once TJ was gone) but missing Susannah in a way that made him come across as a bit of a (lovable?) tool. He did no wrong, really, and getting the role of Leader in the "Big Brother is AWOL" task gave him his best Daily Show footage yet ... but also resulted in him falling victim to the 'tall poppy syndrome' (as opposed to the 'tall toolhead syndrome').

It was ridiculous how much he admired himself in the mirror, but this fact was made all-the-more unbearable by his membrane-thin attempts to garner praise and admiration out of other Housemates with his lame-arse questions about whether his arms are "too big".

Thomas: My arms aren't that big, are they?
Susannah: Yeah! Absolutely, they're huge!
Thomas: Really? OMG, LOL!!!1! I never knew!*

* paraphrased


Thomas loved his OWN body too much to be
serious in his flirting with any of the girls.


So now we're down two hunks and have only three or four more to get rid of. Then we'll have an interesting - and yet not maddening - House with people who are worth watching.

Actually, one thing I DID think was a bit harsh about last night's show was how long they made Billy wait in the 'Exit Room' before being told to return to the House. I hope he wasn't busting for the loo!


.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home