Monday, July 24, 2006

Two Big Characters Were Evicted From The Big Brother House Last Night (... and Claire & Krystal were also evicted)

Wifey and I were out last night, and unfortunately the tape we left running to record Big Brother's double eviction ran out just as the first evictee, Claire, finished walking down that catwalk-thing and met Gretel on stage. At that point, Chris, Max and Krystal were all still waiting in the Exit Room for find out who the second evictee was going to be.

This means we saw nothing of the Housemates' reactions to the second evictee's name being read out, the prizes the two evictees received (was it more prizes than last week?), their reunions (if any) with family and friends, and their answers to Gretel's probing questions. Although it was a little annoying to miss all of these things, we knew we could at least jump online and immediately find out who the second evictee was.

Imagine our surprise/delight, then, when we were greeted by this picture on the official Big Brother website:



It looks like Claire's thinking: "Great. So now I have to spend the next seven days touring the country doing interviews with this waste of space??" ... while Krystal's thinking: "Teeheehee, I'm purrdy! People like me! Yay for my big fake boobies that made all this possible!"


Frankly, I thought new Housemates Chris and Max would be the ones to go, although I did predict to Wifey during the week (and referred to my theory here, in both of my replies to Enny in the comments section) that I thought Claire might suffer from the same fate Gaelan did; that being that the public might resent the Housemate in question for feeling too 'safe', when in reality we haven't had an opportunity to evict them for so many weeks. In other words, the Australian public likes to send a message to such people that just because they manage to avoid nomination for a long stretch, doesn't necessarily equate to their popularity on the outside. Meanwhile, Wifey has been chomping at the bit for Krystal to get off our TV screens, and I can't say I have a problem with that scenario either. The woman is insipid*.

* Krystal, that is. Not Wifey.

More disappointingly (for me), was that we also missed out on anything Gretel said at the end of the show concerning this final week of BB06. Any word on the eviction schedule? I was expecting to hear something before the credits rolled.

I guess I'll find out tonight (if no one reading this wants to fill me in beforehand). But first I'd better say a few words about our evicted Housemates.



I thought Claire was pleasant enough, although Wifey hated her boring nature and monotonous, monotone voice. It was also amusing to keep track of how she put Gretel's name into each answer she ever gave the host when asked a direct question (which actually shows she was raised to speak very properly, even if she wasn't taught to speak with any inflection). I thought she might sneak through 'til the end, but it seems that, as Bart Simpson once said, "the mob has spoken".



It's a good thing this vain and stupid woman is out of the House at last. I'm not a woman-hater (in fact, despite her recent repulsive behaviour -- which I hope will be curbed somewhat now that she hasn't got her gossip buddy Krystal in the House anymore -- I think Camilla will [and deserves to] win). In fact, it's because I care about the women (and young impressionable girls) of this country that I felt Krystal couldn't be evicted fast enough. She epitomises the regretfully-cemented idealogy in this world that girls have to be pretty and shapely and constantly made-up to be accepted and liked and worthy of anyone's time. I detest that she underlines this -- and worse, that everyone else seems to accept and confirm it for her (and for the teenage girls watching). Begone, you plastic-chested, rouge-cheeked, Egyptian-Mummy-eyed, she-mullet-haired, poor-women's-lib-representative, you!

One final point. In reading through the online BB Diary to see what happened after the two girls were evicted, I was quite amused by the following quote from Jamie, which I include here complete with the BB staff member's original typos:

"There are more twists in this show that a 500g packet of twisties," says Jamie, "there is a lot of twists in this show and a lot of twists in a packet that large."

Beautiful analogy. And I especially love how he went to so much trouble to be certain we understood that both the show and the packet of Twisties contain so many twists! Thank you, Jamie.


.

9 Comments:

At Monday, July 24, 2006 8:17:00 AM, Blogger MissE said...

Noms tonight. Midweek eviction on Wednesday. Then who knows.

It's a bit messy - if they were finishing up this week why throw two new housemates in? It would have worked nicely with the five in there, one evicted last night and then four for the final week.

That said, I was ecstatic that Claire went. She has irritated the crap out of me for weeks. Thank you, Australia.

 
At Monday, July 24, 2006 10:38:00 AM, Blogger Mars said...

Do you think KFC would be having 10 heart attacks at Jamie's comments? Twisties?! NOOOO! TwistER! Millions, down the toilet.

I hope it comes down to David and Camilla, and David wins. Dunno why, i haven't been watching if for weeks... i just like him. Even if he is a young National (which admittedly, is a serious problem)...but he's from the bush, so what do you expect, i suppose.

 
At Monday, July 24, 2006 6:49:00 PM, Blogger Javatari said...

Why all the Krystal bashing! Just because she thinks that having Egyptian eye makeup and a 50's beehive hairstyle makes her attractive doesn't make her evil!

 
At Monday, July 24, 2006 10:41:00 PM, Blogger richardwatts said...

"Begone, you plastic-chested, rouge-cheeked, Egyptian-Mummy-eyed, she-mullet-haired, poor-women's-lib-representative, you!"

Here, here!

 
At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 4:21:00 AM, Blogger BEVIS said...

Thank you, CLaRue, I am indebted to you. :) Out of interest, TV Week (purchased yesterday afternoon) tells me that next Sunday will see another double eviction, leaving two Housemates for Monday night's finale. As for why they added the two new Housemates, they obviously had this specific plan (as far as numbers are concerned) for how the series would wind up. And when they had to remove Ashley and John, it stuffed those plans up. Hence the 'new Housemate' status and the ability for them to be nominated and evicted immediately, if only the votes had fallen that way. I can see the reasoning, but I won't argue with you about it being a mess. It certainly is. Two new Housemates being in the final five is a bit crazy.

Mars, ha!! Great point! I hadn't thought of that, but you're right. I'm sure someone was soiling their pants when they heard him use a product that was "so close, and yet so far" from one of their sponsors' products! David was my original favourite, but after the Turkeyslapgate incident, I felt that Camilla had put in the hard yards. Not for that incident alone, but because it was around that time that I began to take a shine to her for how she handled the arguments with Perry, and so on. David has let the paranoia of people nominating him and other little frustrations of living with a bunch of selfish pigs get to him (and he's clearly letting his love of wide-open spaces get affect him as he misses it more and more), so I think he may have lost some of his supporters. Jamie acted like a spoilt three-year-old when he and Katie were first nominated, so although he's a great guy and all that, he has probably lost some fans at that point, too. So what's my point? Each of the original Housemates have had their moments and have displayed their faults, so it's a tough one to call. I think Camilla earned herself too many supporters with the Turkeyslapgate incident for her NOT to win, though. However, based on how tiny and ineffectual the voting public's response to Chris and Max was on Sunday night, either of them could even surprise us all!

Javatari, no ... but it does make her stupid. :)

RichardWatts, thank you! It's good to know there are people out there who feel the same way.

 
At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 8:25:00 AM, Blogger MissE said...

You make a good point there Bevis. It probably was planned that way all along.

I guess that from a viewers point of view, once it gets down to three or four it's actually really really boring to watch. Keeping it at five doesn't do much, but maybe they're hoping it is a little more exciting.

Am I bad for wanting David to go on Wednesday? His down-on-his-knees, 'Claire!' thing was kinda ... scary.

 
At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 7:38:00 PM, Blogger Enny said...

*pats self on back for roundabout call on Krystal*

 
At Thursday, July 27, 2006 12:06:00 AM, Blogger AS said...

i hate Krystal and those stupid things stuck to her chest and i'm glad i have finally found a sympathetic (?) forum in which i can say this in!

 
At Thursday, July 27, 2006 2:45:00 PM, Blogger BEVIS said...

CLaRue, haha ... I certainly agree that David's Streetcar Named Desire-style "Stella!" cry for Claire was a little over the top! It felt very fake, didn't it. But I think he's honestly that emotional now. Fourteen weeks locked up in that House with all those rules and frustrations and denials and so on? For a guy who's used to acres and acres of open land and being his own boss and riding off into the sunset when he wants some 'alone time'? I'm surprised he's still there, actually. When he chucked his tanty and threatened to walk, I honestly thought he was going to go through with it. I can totally understand why he's getting cranky and comes across as condescending. He's really struggling to cope with a very alien situation in there. I guess that's all I want to say about it, because I don't want to push the David bandwagon too much, but I reckon that despite how laughable the moment was (and I laughed too, I promise!), it was still an accurate reflection of his surprise and despair at losing his closest friend at the time.

Enny, well done to you. In a roundabout way.

Dot, welcome! (And welcome home!) Oh yes, you have certainly found a friendly forum in which to air your Krystal and Krystal's-fake-breasts grievances! I'm not a fan at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home