Thursday, November 02, 2006

Pack Your Bags, Kiddies

Australia is finally getting the 'family season' of The Amazing Race (link contains no spoilers for Australian viewers). It starts in one week, and I'm sure it's gonna be a lot of fun (despite rumours of it 'bombing' in the US when it originally aired there).

Hopefully Season 10 (which DonkeyBlog spoke of in the comment he left here) will be screened immediately afterwards, so that we're up-to-date (somewhat) with the rest of the world.


My main man Phil is ready to yell, "GO!"


I will be posting weekly episode recaps here for anyone interested, so if your part of the world has already screened this season, please don't leave any spoilers here. Or for the 10th season, depicted below (for which us Aussies are going to have to wait).


Click to view image full size.


.

5 Comments:

At Thursday, November 02, 2006 11:15:00 AM, Blogger PiesFan90 said...

So, there is no link between the image on this post and the "family season", is that right?

 
At Thursday, November 02, 2006 12:27:00 PM, Blogger BEVIS said...

That's correct. I just wanted to make things as confusing as possible.

:)

 
At Thursday, November 02, 2006 4:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"TGYHWatcher, do I know you?"
- Bevis / Tiger.

Hmmmm... no, not that I know of. I do not work at your local Milk Bar. I am not the small old lady who was waving to you eerily last week. I am not related to you in any way that I know of... do I sound like someone you know, or something? Maybe I sound like your aunt or your insane cousin? I dunno!

Have a nice long weekend, btw!

As For Get This, you can get the podcasts from here: http://podcasts.triplem.com.au/get_this.xml
(you don't need an Ipod. You can just copy the correct URL from that page into the URL box in Internet Explorer or whatever your using, and eventually it'll load. Or use Windows Media Player and Open URL. If that made any sense whatsoever)
In any case, that page has the best bits per week on, as well as some whole episodes. Get This has themes and jokes that are running, so it might not all make sense... but you'll cotton on.
Just thought you MIGHT be interested. If not, then completely disregard all that. :D

 
At Thursday, November 02, 2006 5:11:00 PM, Blogger BEVIS said...

Thank you, TGYHWatcher. I only asked if I knew you because you were talking in a 'familiar' tone last time, so I wondered, that's all. It's all good. Thanks for the Get This link. I'll see what happens when I try it. (No broadband at home, and it might be tricky if I try it at work.) I'm VERY interested, though - cheers. My long weekend just got longer ... I've changed my day off next week from Friday to Wednesday, therefore extending my five-day weekend to a six-day weekend! And still keeping what follows as a two-day week, then a two-day weekend, then a two-day week, then a one-day mid-week break, then another two-day week, then another two-day weekend, and so on. Should be fabbo!

 
At Saturday, November 04, 2006 8:55:00 AM, Blogger SlaveToShopping said...

Oh the family season is bad. Real bad. It's the only series of the race that I've turned off and have no idea who won. They barely leave the US. Lame!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home