Friday, January 19, 2007

Way To Go, Angie!

Due to some confusion and repetition in the comments, please read this post and then this post before you read on.

------------------------------------------



May I please draw your attention to a letter from Thursday's Green Guide:




The one on the left, not the one in the middle. If you're having trouble making out the words, here's a close-up:




That's right, Angie Sivertsen from St Kilda East tells it like it is! (Or isn't; depending on your point of view.) I like the way Angie thinks, even though he or she could have had more of the facts at his or her disposal by checking my blog before writing the letter.

And no, I'm not Angie Sivertsen. (Are you out there, Angie? Unmask yourself!)

The editor of The Age's Green Guide didn't bother to comment on Angie's claim of foul language during a 6:30pm timeslot, so either next Thursday's edition will feature a reply or two (why not write one yourself?), perhaps including one from Network Ten themselves, spouting on about frickin' (when we all know it was fruckin'), or perhaps they've just given up trying to deny it. However, the editor did decide to run with this photo, with its clever little caption:




'Sworn in' indeed! Yuk yuk yuk.

Send your outraged letters (including - of course - the URL of this blog) to: Green Guide Letters, PO Box 257C, Melbourne 3001 or greenguide@theage.com.au, marked "Letters". Correspondence must include a verifiable street address and daytime phone number. Letters should be 70 words or fewers and may be edited.

I've gotta fly. Neighbours starts in a few minutes and Max is back to face Steph and Boyd. There's bound to be some swears.


.

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 23, 2007 10:19:00 AM, Blogger littlefaeriegirl said...

hey bevis, just wondering if you'd heard about poor summer hoyland

http://cfbgoespop.livejournal.com/452062.html

 
At Wednesday, January 24, 2007 3:58:00 PM, Blogger BEVIS said...

I hadn't, but I have now! Thank you. I had no idea she was kicked out of the tennis!

Little troublemaker ...

 
At Wednesday, January 24, 2007 6:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so when I first read the letter on Thursday in the Green guide I giggled and read the story to my family in excitement and wondered why I hadn't picked up on this myself.

When I saw that it had been posted on YouTube I was even more excited and SO wanted to believe it was true because it would be just too funny...

So I watch it on YouTube and was utterly disappointed. He CLEARLY says fricking, there's no doubt about it. How people could create such a fuss over it is beyond me....

 
At Wednesday, January 24, 2007 10:51:00 PM, Blogger BEVIS said...

Welcome, Cath!

The 'R' sound wasn't as clear on the TV, I promise you. Only on the Internet version does it stand out so much.

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 4:48:00 PM, Blogger Melba said...

my two cents. on neither version (tv or youtube) is the 'r' clear to me. and there seemed to be a clear 'u' sound.

but anyway, yeah, the issue is dead now.

let's all move on.

 
At Tuesday, February 20, 2007 1:04:00 AM, Blogger Aussie Rock Chick said...

Hello... just popped in to say someone needs your help!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home