Thursday, February 08, 2007

The F(inal) Word

Due to some confusion and repetition in the comments, please read this post, then this post, and finally this post before you read on.

------------------------------------------



Okay, this is absolutely the last word I'm going to say on the topic - but for the sake of completeness, I've decided to fill you in on how this saga played out.

The following clipping shows two letters printed in The Age last week; click on the image to see the letters in a larger format.




Angie's sticking the boot in again! She certainly won't take an insult lying down, our Angie. However, I must say that 'eight people' is hardly an impressive effort. With the help of TiVoAussie and this 'ere blog, I couldn't begin to estimate how many people I got to watch it! *

* Probably twelve.

Still, it amuses me that such a furore could continue for two or three weeks after the event, but I guess it shows how integral Neighbours is to Australian TV viewers ... !!


.

6 Comments:

At Monday, February 12, 2007 8:01:00 PM, Blogger littlefaeriegirl said...

ok tv man, tell me what you know about dean geyer being on neighbours

xx

ps. please

 
At Thursday, February 15, 2007 8:57:00 AM, Blogger BEVIS said...

I know nothing (and I know a LOT of future Neighbours stuff; particularly the cast's comings and goings).

Are you SURE about that??

 
At Thursday, February 15, 2007 11:14:00 AM, Blogger Melba said...

bevis, HOW do you know alot about cast comings and goings? do you know a casting person?

i know you probably can't say anything. just blink if i'm correct.

[peers intently]

 
At Thursday, February 15, 2007 2:08:00 PM, Blogger BEVIS said...

*stares back, unblinkingly*

It's no secret; I simply use my nouse when looking online and searching for news details about the show. But be warned! 2007 year-long spoilers of cast comings and goings may indeed detract from your viewing experience. (Which is why I asked if you truly wanted to know this information that time I was going to list the cast members who'd be leaving throughout 2007. Once you know it, you can't un-know it.)

As I always say, "It's not who you know, it's how well you Wiki."

... Haven't you ever heard me say that??





Note: Wikipedia may potentially be filled with bogus or misleading information, but so far in the time (over a year) that I've been checking it for this kind of information, it hasn't been wrong yet. One cast member's final episode will be TOMORROW NIGHT, for example. Note the time and date of this comment and see if I'm correct. I predict Max Hoyland won't be back after this week. I strongly suspect that someone who works on the show regularly updates Wikipedia with Neighbours cast change information.

And no, I don't work on the show.

 
At Sunday, February 18, 2007 8:46:00 PM, Blogger littlefaeriegirl said...

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,10221,21210366-10229,00.html?from=public_rss

 
At Sunday, February 18, 2007 11:21:00 PM, Blogger BEVIS said...

Hmm, okay. I'm not too sure about this. The article you've provided is the only information I can find about it online (through official sources, that is).

Wikipedia doesn't even list this as even a remote possibility, and the Neighbours Wikipedia page is renowned for being highly up-to-date on things like that.

But that's not to say it won't happen. Not at all. I'm sure the deal's just in its early stages at the moment, and more info on the arrangement will be brought to light as names are signed on dotted lines, etc.

At this point, the jury's still out - but it looks like you'll have your wish of seeing Mr Geyer on your TV screen again before too long.



I'm guessing he'll be shirtless within his first four episodes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home